Please note, we have changed the dates for our application period. All current and prospective members must submit a new application each year. If you are currently enrolled in Helping Hands, you must reapply by June 27. All details are below.
About Helping Hands
Helping Hands is BPG’s needs‐based care program for our Berkeley members, proudly offered since we opened in 1999. Helping Hands patients are eligible to receive two eighths (7 grams) of cannabis flowers per week. Recipients may choose a combination of indica, sativa, or high‐CBD flowers.
Patients must present a doctor’s recommendation for medical cannabis to be eligible for the program.
Applications are considered in a blind selection process and all determinations are final. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Each applicant must submit all of the following paperwork to be considered:
- Completed Application
- Proof of Berkeley Residency
- Financial Documentation
- Medical Recommendation for Cannabis or California State Medical Marijuana Identification Card
Please refer to the application for detailed instructions.
All information provided will be kept strictly confidential in accordance with federal standards for collecting, processing, and storing personal and medical information. All information will be destroyed at the end of the application cycle.
|Application Period||Applications Reviewed||Members Notified|
|June 20 - June 27||June 28 - July 4||July 4|
Helping Hands Patients may pick up their medicine
via Curbside Pick Up. Please see detailed instructions below.
- Call (510) 540-6013 to submit your order for Pick Up. This is not available online.
Pick Up Your
Order in Car
- When you arrive, please park in one of the numbered Pick Up spaces. Please do not park in a handicapped space.
- Follow the instructions on the sign to complete your order.
Pick Up Your
Order on Foot
- Enter at the front door.
- Notify a staff member that you are here to pick up your Helping Hands order.
If you need assistance when you arrive, please alert a member of our Security team.