Accounts Payable Clerk
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
Non-exempt. This position will be paid on an hourly basis for all hours worked, and is considered eligible for payment of overtime pay per applicable state law. You will report to the General Manager.
Objective / Purpose of Position:
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for reconciliation of all cash receipts and payments of goods and services necessary to maintain positive cash flow.
Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Reconciles daily POS receipts, including reconciliation of cash, credit card, ATM, and rewards payments.
- Other related tasks as assigned
- Collaborates with Purchasing and General Manager to budget vendor payments in accordance with company needs and goals.
- Schedules vendor payments and communicates with vendors to ensure payments are picked up as scheduled.
- Prepares end of day finance reports, balanced to daily receipts.
- Maintains accurate records of all cash transactions and cash on hand.
- Communicate with POS and merchant service providers during system updates and outages to ensure payment services are available for customers during business hours.
- Financial Management
- Personal effectiveness and credibility
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Technical capacity
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, as required by federal, state or local law.
- Remain in a stationary position for up to four hours at a time.
- Move freely about an office setting.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery.
- Drive a personal or company vehicle locally.
- Lift up to 15 lbs.
- Proficiency in Excel, Quick Books, and 10-key required
- Accounts payable experience preferred
- Customer service experience required
- Cash handling experience required