As various news outlets have reported, a growing number of reports surrounding an unidentified vaping related illness has created a serious public health concern with more questions than answers.
Berkeley Patients Group (BPG) has been dedicated to providing safe, clean, quality-controlled cannabis for 20 years. We have always prioritized responsible sourcing and have established long-term partnerships with providers that exceed mandated quality standards. It is why we pioneered the development of cannabis testing standards over ten years ago.
To date, we are not aware of any respiratory-related illness caused by a product sold at BPG or any other licensed California dispensary. While there are many unknowns at this time, BPG is using every resource at our disposal to promote consumer safety and to provide timely information.
ACTIONS WE ARE TAKING:
· Contacting every vape cartridge vendor to verify problematic, questionable additives are not in any products we sell.
· Staying up-to-date with the latest information and research on this issue. BPG will issue periodic updates as information is released from authorities.
· Sourcing products tested according to state guidelines.
· Verifying testing certificates as genuine.
WHAT WE KNOW:
· An increasing number of vaping-related illnesses, approximately 471 cases, including six deaths have been reported across 33 states to date, including California.
· All of the California-related illnesses were caused by products purchased in the unlicensed market.
· No single device, ingredient or additive has been identified as the sole cause of this mysterious epidemic.
· Many of the associated products contain THC, some contain nicotine, and some include both.
· Symptoms: Patients are coming into hospitals with cough, chest pain, shortness of breath, fatigue and vomiting.
· Doctors suspect the cause may be chemical exposure related to additives or ingredients, such as Vitamin E acetate.
Our hearts go out to the victims and the loved ones of those who are currently suffering or have succumbed to this devastating illness.
This crisis further shows the immediate need for federal reform that will enable proper research, regulations, and guaranteed product safety and efficacy for patients. Eliminating illicit operators and the entities providing a public platform to them should be the number one priority for the State of California and the nation.
We are encouraging any BPG customers who experience any problems or have additional questions regarding vape products sold by BPG, to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Buds at BPG