The cannabis plant has over 130 known compounds, called cannabinoids. Each cannabinoid has unique medicinal benefits and effects.
THC is associated with the ‘high’ in cannabis, effects can include feelings of euphoria and the munchies.
CBD doesn’t get you ‘high,’ effects can include feelings of relaxation and well-being. CBD and THC work together and balance each other out.
CBN is another compound in cannabis, with effects in between CBD and THC. CBN is an antioxidant, can help kill pain and inflammation without harming your kidneys.
Berkeley Patients Group in it for GOOD. Berkeley Patients Group (BPG) has been dedicated to providing safe, clean, quality-controlled cannabis for 20 years. We have always prioritized responsible sourcing and have established long-term partnerships with providers that exceed mandated quality standards.
Our mission is to provide high quality, effective, and affordable medical cannabis to our patients. We create and maintain the highest standards of excellence in all that we do. We foster a compassionate community that advances the understanding and inspires action.
BPG offers a wide variety of products with different levels of CBD, THC, and CBN, so you can achieve desired effects
- Flowers: traditional cannabis that you smoked in the 60s
Flowers at all different price points are available at Berkeley Patients Group. We work closely with our selected brands to bring you the lowest price possible.
Indica, Sativa’s, and Hybrids can all be found on our shelves from popular brands like Flow Kana, Bloom Farms, NUG, Korovdifferencea, Gold Seal, and Lowell Herb Co.
To see what Flowers we currently have, please click here.
To learn the difference between Indica, Sativa, and Hybrids please click here.
- Vape pens: concentrated oil that you ‘vaporize’ with an easy-to-use device; easier on the throat, convenient, discreet with no smell
When it comes to ease of use, portability, and functionality, one cannabis product stands above the rest. Vape pens are perfect for the “desecrate” consumer that doesn’t enjoy smelling like smoke.
Vape pens from popular brands such as Bloom Farms, Raw Garden, BEBOE, Dosist, and Eden.
As various news outlets have reported, a growing number of reports surrounding an unidentified vaping related illness has created a serious public health concern with more questions than answers.
Berkeley Patients Group (BPG) has been dedicated to providing safe, clean, quality-controlled cannabis for 20 years. We have always prioritized responsible sourcing and have established long-term partnerships with providers that exceed mandated quality standards. It is why we pioneered the development of cannabis testing standards over ten years ago.
To date, we are not aware of any respiratory-related illness caused by a product sold at BPG or any other licensed California dispensary. While there are many unknowns at this time, BPG is using every resource at our disposal to promote consumer safety and to provide timely information.
ACTIONS WE ARE TAKING:
- Contacting every vape cartridge vendor to verify problematic, questionable additives are not in any products we sell.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest information and research on this issue. BPG will issue periodic updates as information is released from authorities.
- Sourcing products tested according to state guidelines.
- Verifying testing certificates as genuine.
WHAT WE DO KNOW:
- An increasing number of vaping-related illnesses, approximately 471 cases, including six deaths have been reported across 33 states to date, including California.
- All of the California-related illnesses were caused by products purchased in the unlicensed market.
- No single device, ingredient or additive has been identified as the sole cause of this mysterious epidemic.
- Many of the associated products contain THC, some contain nicotine, and some include both.
- Symptoms: Patients are coming into hospitals with cough, chest pain, shortness of breath, fatigue and vomiting.
- Doctors suspect the cause may be chemical exposure related to additives or ingredients, such as Vitamin E acetate.
Our hearts go out to the victims and the loved ones of those who are currently suffering or have succumbed to this devastating illness. This crisis further shows the immediate need for federal reform that will enable proper research, regulations, and guaranteed product safety and efficacy for patients. Eliminating illicit operators and the entities providing a public platform to them should be the number one priority for the State of California and the nation.
We are encouraging any BPG customers who experience any problems or have additional questions regarding vape products sold by BPG, to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read the statement from CDPH:
- Edibles: anything you eat with cannabis in it; traditional candies, baked goods, granola bites, etc.
- Tinctures: droppers with cannabis oil you can put under your tongue or in your food and drinks
- Topicals: applied to the skin, such as lotions, oils and bath soaks; provide localized pain relief and won’t get you high
- Transdermal Patches: applied to veins (wrist + top of the foot) will go directly into the bloodstream for an all-day effect
- Capsules: look like traditional pills filled with cannabis oil
[Consumption Methods Video]
BPG Quality Guarantee
We stress the importance of obtaining your cannabis, including CBD, from a licensed dispensary. At Berkeley Patients Group, it is our guarantee that every single product is lab-tested to ensure that it is absolutely safe for consumption by our patients.
BPG’s testing is performed by an independent cannabis analytics laboratory in compliance with Berkeley Municipal Code § 12.27.070. We independently verify any laboratory results provided by our vendors.
Medicine that fails any tests for contamination is not offered to our patients. Each medicine is tested for:
- Pesticides. A combination of enzyme-linked immune assays and gas chromatography is used to test for pesticide residue including organophosphate and carbamate pesticides, pyrethroid pesticides, and avermectins (Avid).
- Microbial contaminants. An aerobic plate count (APC) methodology is used to test for microbial contamination including bacteria, fungus, and mold. Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) is used to identify specific contaminants like e. coli.
- Residual flammable solvents. Headspace analysis is used to test for the presence of residual solvents in all applicable products (i.e. extracts).
Potency refers to the quantity of each active ingredient in a particular medical cannabis product. Active ingredients include any cannabinoid or propyl cannabinoid derivative when present in amounts greater than 0.5% by dry weight, and any mono-or sesquiterpenoid present in amounts greater than 0.3% by dry weight. We test for the following key compounds:
- Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinolic Acid (THCA)
- Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
- Cannabidiolic acid (CBDA)
- Cannabidiol (CBD)
- Cannabinol (CBN)
These compounds are quantitated using liquid chromatography and/or gas chromatography with derivatization. BPG maintains records of all medicine by batch, including the corresponding laboratory test result data for each batch, in compliance with Berkeley Municipal Code § 12.27.050(B)(2).
Free Consultation with a Knowledgeable Specialist
BPG carries over 300 different products for medical patients and adult consumers. We understand that, while it’s great to have choices, it can be overwhelming trying to understand which cannabis therapy is right for you. This is why we offer free phone consultations with our highly trained staff members.
To use this service, simply call us at 510-540-6013, ext. 3, or send an email to Express@myBPG.com.
We are available any time from 9am-9pm, though weekends are busiest. At the end of your consultation, our staff can help you place an order for express pick up. This service is quick, convenient, and there are no fees or minimum order requirements.
Call in your order at (510) 540-6013, between 9AM and 9PM
Click here to order online, 24 hours a day. Don’t forget to confirm your order via email!
Cannabis use among seniors is rising, with nearly 15% of US adults, 60 and older reported using cannabis in the past year.
At Berkeley Patients Group, seniors are one of our most beloved patient groups: they offer wisdom, humor, and a unique perspective on life, and they enjoy many of the benefits that cannabis offers.
Because we see firsthand the power of cannabis to improve seniors’ lives, we created this guide for gifting cannabis to the seasoned soul you love–just in time for the holidays.
This list contains pro-tips and top-picks selected by our consultants, so you don’t have to stress over how and what to give– you’ll be wrapping up relief, sleep, and tranquility in one package!
Your Mom Deserves the Comfort of Cannabis
With Mother’s Day right around the corner, you might be wondering, ”What do I give the woman in my life who gave it all?”
Well, not to worry, your buds at Berkeley Patients Group are here to help. Our Mother’s Day Gift Guide highlights effective products that offer relaxation, rejuvenation, and relief — everything your mom deserves.
Particularly popular among parents are products that contain CBD, one of the many compounds found in the cannabis plant. The less psychoactive counterpart to THC, CBD offers a plethora of health benefits such as relieving anxiety, aiding sleep, promoting an overall sense of calm, and so much more.
Moms who shop at BPG love CBD, and enjoy topicals, teas, vape pens, bath soaks, and low dose edibles because they offer medicinal benefits and predictable effects.
To make our favorite mom-products more accessible to all, we teamed up with a few of our top-selling brands this Mother’s Day weekend. Save money (and mom) with discounts on Beboe, Kikoko, Satori, OM and Whoopi & Maya from May 10-12 at Berkeley Patients Group.
For most of us, achieving better health is a New Year’s resolution in 2019 (and, let’s be honest, has been almost every year).
Wellness is a journey that requires balancing the physical, emotional, and spiritual facets of your life. It can be challenging, but we believe in you, and we’re here to help!
Making small changes to your daily regimen allows you to work towards your goals, one step at a time, without feeling overwhelmed.
Each week, introduce one new adjustment and focus on accomplishing it every day. If it’s a task, assign a time when you will complete it. Ultimately, you will transform each task into a habit.
If you miss a day or make a mistake, don’t worry. Change takes time, and wellness is not rigid, it’s fluid. Thank yourself for making the commitment to your health and make a promise that you will do better tomorrow.
Meditating in the morning, joining a group fitness class, adding more vegetables to your diet, or drinking eight cups of water per day are a just few adjustments you can make towards a more balanced lifestyle.