Berkeley Patients Group Awarded Proclamations & Resolutions from Prominent Politicians at 20th AnniversaryOctober 7th, 2019
Berkeley Patients Group Awarded Proclamations and Resolutions from Prominent Politicians at 20th Anniversary Event Oct 1
Berkeley, Calif.– (October 3, 2019)–The morning of October 1, 2019, Berkeley Patients Group (BPG), the longest operating dispensary in the nation, hosted a private event to celebrate its 20th anniversary and $1 Million for Good campaign, to donate $1,000,000 to 10 nonprofits over 10 years.
Local nonprofits, community leaders, prominent politicians and cannabis brand partners came together to recognize BPG’s significant role in the Berkeley community and the cannabis industry over two decades.
The event’s highlights included:
As various news outlets have reported, a growing number of reports surrounding an unidentified vaping related illness has created a serious public health concern with more questions than answers.
Berkeley Patients Group (BPG) has been dedicated to providing safe, clean, quality-controlled cannabis for 20 years. We have always prioritized responsible sourcing and have established long-term partnerships with providers that exceed mandated quality standards. It is why we pioneered the development of cannabis testing standards over ten years ago.
To date, we are not aware of any respiratory-related illness caused by a product sold at BPG or any other licensed California dispensary. While there are many unknowns at this time, BPG is using every resource at our disposal to promote consumer safety and to provide timely information.
ACTIONS WE ARE TAKING:
· Contacting every vape cartridge vendor to verify problematic, questionable additives or parts are not in any products we sell
· Staying up-to-date with the latest information and research on this issue. BPG will issue periodic updates as information is released from authorities
· Sourcing products tested according to state guidelines
· Verifying testing certificates as genuine and battery devices are not inhalation-activated
WHAT WE KNOW:
· An increasing number of vaping-related illnesses, approximately 800 cases, including thirteen deaths have been reported across 33 states to date, including California.
· All of the California-related illnesses were caused by products purchased in the unlicensed market.
· No single device, ingredient or additive has been identified as the sole cause of this mysterious epidemic.
· Many of the associated products contain THC, some contain nicotine, and some include both.
· Symptoms: Patients are coming into hospitals with cough, chest pain, shortness of breath, fatigue and vomiting.
· Colorado Green Lab recently conducted a vape pen study and posted key findings associated with inhalation-activated vape battery devices
· Doctors suspect the cause may be chemical exposure related to additives or ingredients, such as Vitamin E acetate.
Our hearts go out to the victims and the loved ones of those who are currently suffering or have succumbed to this devastating illness.
This crisis further shows the immediate need for federal reform that will enable proper research, regulations, and guaranteed product safety and efficacy for patients. Eliminating illicit operators and the entities providing a public platform to them should be the number one priority for the State of California and the nation.
We are encouraging any BPG customers who experience any problems or have additional questions regarding vape products sold by BPG, to email us at email@example.com.
Further information is available from NORML online here, here, and here. California NORML’s fact-sheet, “Cannabis Vaping: What’s Safe and What’s Not,” is online here. An advisory by Leafly.com, entitled “Vape Pen Lung Disease: Here’s What You Need to Know,” is online here. An advisory from the City of Berkeley is online here.
Your Buds at BPG
With a 76% increase in new openings in 2019, cannabis has one of the fastest-growing rates of job creation in any industry. Indeed and ZipRecruiter list as many as 200,000 to 300,000 new jobs in the cannabis market nationwide.
As we take a moment to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country, we also look towards the future for our fellow Americans who served and returned home.
Owner and Vice President of Berkeley Patients Group, Etienne Fontan, spent time in DC this week advocating for the fair and equal treatment of all cannabis patients, consumers, and businesses with the National Cannabis Industry Association. Read more »
Your Mom Deserves the Comfort of Cannabis
With Mother’s Day right around the corner, you might be wondering, ”What do I give the woman in my life who gave it all?”
Well, not to worry, your buds at Berkeley Patients Group are here to help. Our Mother’s Day Gift Guide highlights effective products that offer relaxation, rejuvenation, and relief — everything your mom deserves.
Particularly popular among parents are products that contain CBD, one of the many compounds found in the cannabis plant. The less psychoactive counterpart to THC, CBD offers a plethora of health benefits such as relieving anxiety, aiding sleep, promoting an overall sense of calm, and so much more.
Moms who shop at BPG love CBD, and enjoy topicals, teas, vape pens, bath soaks, and low dose edibles because they offer medicinal benefits and predictable effects.
To make our favorite mom-products more accessible to all, we teamed up with a few of our top-selling brands this Mother’s Day weekend. Save money (and mom) with discounts on Beboe, Kikoko, Satori, OM and Whoopi & Maya from May 10-12 at Berkeley Patients Group.